Once the domain is hosted within cPanel and Plesk,a mail service is automatically created.But if you plan on having the email hosted through a separate service (i.e.
Google Apps for Work), this can cause delivery errors. For that reason, you have to disable mail at the domain level within your hosting panel as shown below.
You can only disable/enable email for the entire subscription. If you want to do this on per domain basis, it is recommended to add your domain as a separate subscription. To disable the mail service within plesk you can check our article on How to disable mail service in Plesk.
- Log into the WHM.
- Click on DNS Functions from the menu on the left.
- Click on the Edit MX Entry in the DNS Functions section.
- Choose the domain you wish to disable local mail for and click Edit.
- In this section, selectRemote Mail Exchanger in the Email Routing section and click Save.
- Local mail will now be disabled for this domain.