Sometimes you would like to access Joomla ! with a temporary URL for testing or in case the domain is not propagated. In order to access Joomla ! using temporary URL you can follow the below steps:
Go to the directory where the Joomla for the domain is currently installed. For example consider we have installed Joomla for our domain in joomla folder under our domain.
1) Go to the folder joomla under your domain:
2) Now copy the htaccess.txt to .htaccess if it does not exist
cp htaccess.txt .htaccess
3) Assign appropriate ownership
chown user.user .htaccess
4) Open the .htaccess file
5) Now in order to enable the access to temporary URL you can do the following
Locate the line which says “# RewriteBase /”
6) Uncomment the line and edit it as follows:
7) Save and quit the file.
8 ) Try accessing your Joomla site now with URL:: http://XX.XX.XX.XX/~user/joomla.
[wpfmb type=’info’ theme=2]If you want to disable your Joomla plugin you can check “Disbaling Joomla plugin using phpmyadmin“[/wpfmb]