There might be a situation when you want to change the URL or domain name of your Magento website. In this article we will show you how to change the URL of your Magneto website.
Changing URL in the Dashboard
- To change your website URL login to your Magneto dashboard
- In the main menu, roll your mouse over System, and click Configuration.
- On the next screen click the Web button
- On the Web menu, click the Unsecure link, and it will drop down. In the Base URLsection, update your URL.
- Click the Secure link now. Fill in the Base URL section.
- When you are finished,Click the Save Config button in the top right.
- Clear your Magneto cache.
Changing URL in phpMyAdmin
You can also change your Magento website URL through phpmyadmin.
- Login to your cPanel
- Click on phpMyAdmin in the Databases section.
- Select the database that is associated wit your Magento website.
- Find the table ending in core_config_data, and click it.
- In column, locate and update the URL in following lines, by clicking the Edit buttons:
Click the Go button to save your changes.