With the Munin Server Monitor plugin you can get a brisk review of what your server has been up to with reports on Apache, Disk Usage, Exim, MySQL, Network, Processes, and other Server activities.In this article we’ll show you how to install the Munin plugin for cPanel/WHM.
Note: If are getting the following error in WHM when attempting to install Munin:
HTTP error 401 cgi/addon_munin.cgi WHM is configured to disallow execution of unregistered applications when logged in as root or a reseller with the "all" ACL.
In that case, you can follow these steps to still install the Munin plugin:
SSH into yous server as the root user
Create the following folder:
mkdir /var/cpanel/apps chmod 755 /var/cpanel/apps
Next create a configuration file with the for the Munin plugin.
Paste the following lines into file:
# name name=addon_munun # Service that will serve this app service=whostmgr # Physical path: /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/Foo.php # Literal URL path: $server:$port/$cpsession/3rdparty/Foo.php url=/cgi/addon_munin.cgi # System user to run process as user=root # Required acls acls=any # Display name as show in the service ui displayname=addon_munin
Now register the plugin with WHM by running the following command:
If you want to un-register the plugin you could run the following command:
If you want to display all the current registered plugins you can run:
Install the Munin plugin in WHM
- Log into WHM.
- In the top-left Find box, type in plugins, then click on Manage Plugins.
- check the Install and keep updated selection box, then click Save at the bottom.
- This install process will take about 3-5 minutes, and during that time don’t close your web-browser. When it finishes you’ll see a Process Complete message at the bottom of the screen.
- Log out, and then back into WHM again.
- In the top-left Find box, type in munin, then click on Munin Service Monitor.
- Now Munin sets up a cronjob to gather statistics every 5 minutes.
- You can click on your server’s hostname, in order to get to a full summary of all the available reports.