1) Login to the server as root.
2) Open the configuration file for pure-ftpd.
3) Locate the line which says :
LimitRecursion 2000 8
This is ‘ls’ recursion limits. The first argument is the maximum number of files to be displayed and the second one is the max subdirectories depth.
4) Edit the mentioned line to the limits as needed. For Eg I would like to list 3000 files to a subdirectory depth of 6,the setting will be as follows:
LimitRecursion 3000 6
5) Now just restart the pure-ftpd service on the server.
[wpfmb type=’info’ theme=2]If you are getting authentication error while accessing FTP you can check our article on SFTP : NO SUPPORTED AUTHENTICATION METHODS AVAILABLE[/wpfmb]