Magento has a very powerful logging system that can be extremely useful when debugging any issues you have. By default Magento does not record any messages about errors and exceptions; so if something bad happens, you don’t have idea.
Logs enabling in the Magneto is very easy,You can follow the steps given below:
- Login to your Magento admin backend
- Go to System ->> Configuration
- Click on “Developer” in the left side menu selection
- Open the “Log Settings” section
- Change the Enabled to “YES”
- Click “Save Config”
Now set full access permissions (777) to the following folder: /var/log, since that is the place where those log files are stored.