We can change the Shop name in a two ways through the PrestaShop Administrator interface and through the database. The easy way is definitely by using the Administrator, but there may be cases when the name has to be changed through the database. Changing the shop name through the database may appear a bit overwhelming to anyone new to cPanel and database tool. There are two ways to modify the data in the database using the phpMyAdmin tool. One is to run a query and the other is to direct edit the the rows. We cover both techniques below.
Using the PrestaShop Administrator Dashboard
- Log into your PrestaShop 1.6 Administrator Dashabord.
- Once you’re in the PrestaShop Admin panel, click on PREFERENCES, then scroll down and click on Store Contacts.
- In Store Contacts, click on the Shop Name field and change the name entry as require.
- Hit on SAVE to preserve your changes.
Access the phpMyAdmin tool
- Log into your cPanel dashboard.
- Find the Databases category and click on the phpMyAdmin icon.
- Once in the phpMyAdmin tool, click on the Databases tab. This will show you a list of databases in your account. Click on the name of your PrestaShop database.
Using a direct table edit
- Once you select the database the screen will list all of the tables.
- Scroll down and click on the ps_configuration table. (if you are using the default ps_prefix.)
- The new screen displays all the rows in the ps_configuration table. Scroll down and click on the Value column in the PS_SHOP_NAME row.
- The column will allow you to edit the name of the shop. Enter the new name and click Enter.
Using a SQL Query
- Once the database tables appear on the screen, look to the tabs at the top of the screen and click on the SQL tab.
- This shows you a blank SQL Query screen where you can enter and run your query.
- The specific query you need to run is below. The only thing you need to change is “New Shop Name”. Change that to be your desired store name, be sure to keep the quotes around the name.
UPDATE ps_configuration SET value = "New Shop Name" WHERE name ="PS_SHOP_NAME"
Once done, click on the Go button in the lower right corner. Once the query runs you will get a success message at the top of the screen.