Sometimes when we try to add a subdomain, parked, or add-on domain via cPanel it causes an error:
[wpfmb type=’error’ theme=2]The Domain already exists in Apache Configuration[/wpfmb]
To resolve this error we have to remove all instances of the domain name.
1. First verify Ownership of the Domain in question:
grep mydomain.com /etc/userdomains
2. Verify if a DNS Zone exists for the Domain:
ls –ld /var/named/mydomain.com.db
3. Kill the DNS Zone for the domain:
4. Now, We will make sure no cPanel Users are showing existing traces of the domain:
grep mydomain.com /var/cpanel/users/*
It will give a result similar to:/var/cpanel/users/owner:XDNS1=mydomain.com
5. Edit any files that have the traces, you can use any editor such as vi or nano.
6. Rebuild the Domain Databases:
7. Rebuild the Apache Configuration:
/scripts/rebuildhttpdconf #service httpd restart
You should now be able to add the domain without any error.